Anyone interested in getting vids in for the update to Psst..Save Our Seeker...Pass it on Vid -- the deadline is coming up!!
Posted at Lots.org:
Wish you could have been a part the "Psst..Save Our Seeker...Pass It On" movement, and share with the world the various and important reasons Legend of the Seeker should be saved? Well, you still can be!! So warm up your printer, turn on your webcam, and let’s get those creative juices flowing!!!
To start with, you’re going to need to print THIS out! This page should not be changed or modified in any way. They all need to be identical to make the following illusion work.
The title of this video project is “Psst! Save Our Seeker…Pass It On!”. And the goal of the video is to visually represent the global spread of the Legend of the Seeker fan base and Save Our Seeker campaign. To do this we will virtually pass each other a Save Our Seeker logo that says, “Save Our Seeker Because…” And it is up to you, yes YOU, to finish that statement on the back of your sign. That can be with a phrase, short quote, fan art, original graphic…you name it. It can be words or pictures as long as it’s a reason LOTS should be saved. Also, when you submit your video, let us know your city/state/country of residence, so that to a viewer it looks like the SOS logo is being passed from state to state and country to country.
To make your video look like the above entires follow these steps:
1) Reach to your right, as if taking the SOS logo from the fan before you. The page should already be in your hand off screen. 2) Pull the page in front of your chest, SOS logo facing the camera. 3) Flip the page to show the other side with your response, and hold it there for about 3-5 seconds so the response can be read. 4) Flip the page back to show the logo. 5) Pass the page to the left as if passing it to the next fan in line.
(Note: I found it helpful to sandwich a blank piece of paper between my logo page and my response page. This prevents ink bleed through, and if you glue them all together it gives extra rigidity, which makes all this silly movement stuff easier!)
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
• Each video segment should be 15 seconds or shorter. • Videos should be shot from the waist up. • Responses should be kept short and relatively specific. Long responses are awkward for the viewer to try to read, so try to keep is simple. But, “Save Our Seeker Because …It’s awesome!” is vague, so tell the viewer why it’s awesome. • Responses should be kept clean. No profanity or possibly offensive content. And please be wearing a shirt in your video. • The background is yours to do with what you will. So be creative! Get multiple people in there; have them dress up, act things out, have the TV on with LOTS on… • If you are a non-native English speaker, write your response in your native language! (But please also include an English translation in your submission e-mail.) • Try to incorporate location specific items, like flags or posters. Or even better, go outside! We will get a lot of inside shots because many people will be using webcams, so if you have the ability to record outside, Do It! Especially, if you live near recognizable landmarks.
And now for the information you are just dying to know!
• Send your submissions to LOTSvideo@gmail.com with Pass It On as the subject • We can accept any video format.
If interest stay high, we'll keep making monthly updates. The deadline to be in the second Pass It On video is June 30th, 11pmEST
This may seem like a lot of information. But just take a deep breath and we’ll get through this together. We swear it’s going to be epic! But here is a checklist, just because I like checklists…I think they’re fun.
1. Print out Logo 2. Make Epic Response page 3. Construct Logo + Response 4. Plan Elaborate Background Scene that rivals actual LOTS production crew. Just kidding, but seriously… 5. Film Video using above instructions…Have a blast doing so. 6. Email it to Us! Be sure to…
a. Attach the Video b. Fill in the Subject line: Pass It On c. Write us a short message and let us know where you are from (City/State/Country stuff)! d. And Send it to LOTSvideo@gmail.com !
If you have any questions, send them to LOTSvideo@gmail.com, with Video Question as the subject line. Now let the submissions begin!
After taking a couple weeks to give this plenty of thought, the LOTSvideo team has decided to re-open submission for the Psst..Save Our Seeker…Pass it On videos. The benefits of keeping the Pass It On project open are three fold:
1) Moral Booster/Fan Bonding: Seeing people from around the world come together for the SOS cause is heartwarming and encouraging to both veteran and new SOS campaigners. 2) Shows Interest: Each added video shows the networks there is continued and growing interest in the show. 3) Outsider Exposure: The international camaraderie is a great way to spark outsider interest if featured on youtube or mentioned by a mainstream media outlet
Like everything else in this campaign, to be successful we need numbers. We need enough numbers to make a journalist who’s never heard of Legend of the Seeker want to write about the global effort to save it. Personally, I am beyond impressed with the 118 submissions we have, but to break into mainstream we’re going to need more. And in my opinion that is what we need most right now: Outsider/Mainstream coverage. FlashForward got it with their Blackouts…now it’s our turn.
Many of you have already submitted, which is wonderful! But we encourage you to recruit your friends and family too. If you are new to the campaign and have not already seen the Pass It On videos. Here is the first one. We hope everyone who has not already submitted will join us.
You can find the submission information here.
We are going to keep submission open for this deadline until August 31st 11pm EST.
That’s 40 days. If you don’t have a printer, that’s 40 days to ask a friend if you can use theirs, or go to a library or Kinkos. The banner is black and white which means to publicly print one page will cost you less than a stamp. The reason on your sign does not need to be printed. Hand written signs are just as powerful. If you don’t have a video camera, that’s 40 days to find someone who has a webcam, video camera, digital camera with video capabilities, iphone or another cell phone brand with video capabilities to help you out.
We’ve already sent the first 4 videos on a DVD to ABC/Disney, Starz and DirecTV. We promise to continue that with other networks and add any additional videos to the DVD as they are produced.
Due to the amazing response we’ve gotten so far, the Pass It On Project is more than just fandom entertainment. It’s a sharpened weapon readily at our disposal…let’s use it to its full potential.
Thanks! The LOTSvideo Team
P.S. Multiple people have asked us about changing the song from Hey They Seeker due to redundancy. I personally like the continuity that having the same song provides, but we are always open to new song suggestions. At this point, we’ve yet to hear another song that has the appropriate tone and beat. The song we chose sets the mood for the entire video. A fast paced rock song is too aggressive, while at the same time, as slow ballad casts a saddened tone. A happy medium is needed. We do have interest in producing other video projects using the many wonderful SOS songs out there, and we will continue to come up with additional projects if we get good fan response from the projects we’re already producing. We also encourage you to submit video ideas: LOTSvideo@gmail.com.
derascal: Long time no hear or see you all...glad to know another possibility available to us to get Seeker back. How is campaign. Where is best spot to glean info. Is this site still in good shape? Nice to see some familiar names... my graphics still stink,
Jun 22, 2013 17:19:28 GMT -5
Extremis : REMINDER: Tonight, Tuesday, July 2 on TNT Channel in the USA, there will be LOTS fans in Costume on the episode of the TV Series, 'Perception'. (the episode will also air tomorrow on the Bravo channel in Canada )
Jul 2, 2013 19:26:06 GMT -5
Extremis : The episode is titled 'Alienation'
Jul 2, 2013 19:26:24 GMT -5
greatdane3: As one of the many who was very sad when LOTS was cancelled I'm excited to let you know that Kate Madison, director or LOTR sequel Born of Hope (free on Youtube) is creating a new webseries very much inspired by LOTS - check it out on Kickstarter.com
Aug 6, 2013 8:11:08 GMT -5
Melmione™: I just upgraded to a new laptop (expensive but necessary), and as I was exchanging and moving files I stumbled upon some old Conseekadore stuff. Sweet nostalgia. I miss you guys, and I miss LotS.
Jan 19, 2014 3:32:25 GMT -5
kahlanfan123: check terry Goodkinds Facebook page, he has the cover and the release month of Severed Souls!
Jun 6, 2014 6:00:01 GMT -5
Extremis : Lots of Seeker fans are at DragonCon this weekend in Atlanta Georgia Make sure to drop by the LOTS/SOT fan table at the Hiatt Hotel.
Aug 30, 2014 14:26:27 GMT -5
lotslover: Miss everyone here!! Had such sweet times here meeting and making friends and obsessing over Seeker! Hopefully, we'll all be back someday soon to discuss a Seeker movie. Keep fighting, guys!
Dec 4, 2014 22:08:53 GMT -5
Necros: Is this board dead too?
Mar 1, 2015 11:53:00 GMT -5
Erika: Hi everyone - since this fandom has pretty much died off - I'm going to let the main website expire. The forums are free so they'll stay open. I'm planning on eventually redoing my own main website w/ all of my screencaps/artwork so I'll eventually load...
Jun 7, 2015 23:43:01 GMT -5
Erika: my LOTS caps there. But at this point, w/ as little traffic that's around here, I can't justify spending $75 a year to keep the website open.
Jun 7, 2015 23:43:32 GMT -5
Erika: Err alright things are still up. I'm actually working on new galleries w/ easier, less antiquated software for the photo gallery and maybe I'll update the caps board under a new URL. I'll keep you all posted.
Aug 30, 2015 14:10:31 GMT -5
Confessed4Life: Is there a place where we can donate to help you out with the website cost? I know the issue very well and I'd love to help!
Nov 22, 2015 12:31:59 GMT -5
worldnews1st: Trump Brings Prestige to the Mail Order Bride Industry.
For years, International Marriage Services had to live with the stigma of being referred to as Mail Order Bride services. However, many consider the term "mail-order bride" derogatory and feel it de
Aug 31, 2017 1:25:22 GMT -5